Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can I register a car in North Carolina with a learner's permit?

Well, I asked this question last night but I didn't specify my conditions well. I am an international student in Charlotte, North Carolina and I am 27. Here the DMV regulation says "to apply for a driving license your name should be on the insurance of the car that you take the road test with".



Well, I am new here and I don't know anybody to put my name on his/her car insurance for taking the test, I decided to buy a car first and take the road test with my own car. So, I got a learner's permit from the DMV. (a license limited for driving in city, and if I want to drive in highway someone with a license should seat beside me).



Now, I am about buying a car and I am not sure whether it's a problem with having the learner's permit (not the actual license) for registration purposes.



Some help would be much appreciated.Can I register a car in North Carolina with a learner's permit?
I have the exact same problem.



At the DMV they told me that they'll put a restriction on the driver's license if you take the test with a car that doesn't have insurance in your name. I'm not sure what that means -- is it just a technicality?
  • vance and hines
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment