Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the easiest way to change my last name after my wedding in North Carolina?

I am seeking information as to the easiest way to change my last name for my wedding in October. I would like to start preparing now. I am aware that I'll need to change my name with the SS administration, DMV, and on my passport.



Specifically:



1. What forms do I need and where can I obtain them?



2. Which of these may be mailed in and which need to be delivered in person?



3. For ones that can be mailed in, I've heard that I should request certified copies of my marriage license to expedite the process (so I don't have to wait to receive the original back each time). How do I obtain these copies?



Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.What is the easiest way to change my last name after my wedding in North Carolina?
i got married in aug, and i heard that we had to go to regsiterd of deeds to get a copy of your marraige lic which is 10 dollars and take them to Social sercuity and they will change it there!, but i would take ur ss card just in case. but that is what i was told to do.What is the easiest way to change my last name after my wedding in North Carolina?
Certified copies of a marriage license can be purchased from the county courthouse - Dept. of Vital Statistics in just about any state. A trip to the local Social Security office and filling out a form will get your new card in a couple of weeks. Here, it takes about 10 minutes for the new driver's license.

I'd suggest you check online about the passport if there isn't a passport office nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment