Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the process of buying a used car from a private seller in North Carolina?

I'm hoping to buy a used car either today or Monday from a private seller. I bought my first car from a dealer when I lived in a different state, so I'm unsure of how it works in NC for a private seller. I've reviewed the DMV website already, so please don't answer by simply quoting the text there.



The seller retains their license plates, right? If so, the DMV website states that I must get the car inspected before they will give me plates. How do I drive the car to get inspected if I don't have plates. Will they give me temporary tags or something?



So is this below what the process should be?

--------------------------------------鈥?br>
I look at the car and decide to buy it.

The seller and I go to my bank where I pay them and have the title notarized.

Insure the vehicle.

On Monday I go to the DMV and register the car.

Take the car to get inspected.

Go back to DMV and get my plates.



Thanks!What is the process of buying a used car from a private seller in North Carolina?
type into search box



how to check a used car



get a checklist to help you look for signs of problems



seller retains their license plates they are his

to drive it any where



you can get temporary tags at dmv so you can drive it and get things done before you put it into your name or register it to get tags

No comments:

Post a Comment