Thursday, January 12, 2012

Do you have to get a new drivers license when you turn 21 in North Carolina even if it doesn't expire yet?

I was originally from California and I moved here in North Carolina when I was 19. I got my license as soon as I moved here and I got the vertical one (which is apparently for underage/under21 drivers). Now that I'm turning 21 in a couple of months from now, do I have to renew it so I could get the horizontal one without the "driver turns 21 on 2011" thing? It won't expire till 2017, but I still want to change mine, so that whenever I go to 21+ places, I would have to just flash my license card without them looking for my birthday and all that stuff because it can be annoying sometimes. lol. What should I say when I go to a DMV office? Thanks!Do you have to get a new drivers license when you turn 21 in North Carolina even if it doesn't expire yet?
You don't have to get a new license until it expires. They can tell you're 21 by looking at the birthdate. But if you want to get a new one (and pay for it), you can. Just say you lost it.Do you have to get a new drivers license when you turn 21 in North Carolina even if it doesn't expire yet?
Hello,



A driver license may be renewed anytime within 180 days prior to expiration. There does not seem to be anything re: renewing it earlier than it expires... Check out for yourself: http://driving-tests.org/north-carolina/鈥?/a>



Good luck!Do you have to get a new drivers license when you turn 21 in North Carolina even if it doesn't expire yet?
most of the time they will still inspect them if you look young

No comments:

Post a Comment