Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have a question about a North Carolina Drivers Permit?

I just recently got my permit about a month ago. I was talking with a friend today and they had mentioned that if you're over 16 or older when you get your permit in North Carolina (I just turned 16 a few days before I got my permit) then you only have to keep the permit for 6 months then can get a license, but this only applies to people who are 16 or older when they get their permit. Is this true?



I tried getting a hold of DMV but I couldn't get through. I also asked my parents and they said this used to be the way they did it, but they don't think they do this anymore.



If anyone knows, can you please let me know? Thanks! 10 points for best answer.I have a question about a North Carolina Drivers Permit?
Here's the deal, first of all you get your permit. That permit lasts for 1 year, however, it is divided into two 6 month segments regulating the time you can drive, regardless you must have a parent or guardian in the front seat with you. After that first year you go back to the DMV and get your provisional license, this license still regulates the time you can drive and allows you to have one passenger that is not an adult or you can have as many passengers as long as they are immediate relatives., but you no longer need an adult in the car with you. You keep your provisional license until you turn eighteen and once again go back to the DMV and get your full drivers license with no restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment