Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to get a motorcycle license in Raleigh, North Carolina?

I just want to operate a 149cc scooter.



I don't think I'm allowed to buy one without a motorcycle endorsement.



I never learned how to drive a car because I grew up riding public transit.



I'm not interested in learning how to drive a car because it's too expensive and I'm trying to live within my means.



I know I'm allowed to legally operate a 49cc moped without a license but I don't want to be that guy on the road with a line of angry cagers behind him.



(And there's no way I'm riding a restricted 49cc engine on public roads because that just doesn't seem safe to me.)



I have a Class C learner's permit but I can't take the driving test because I just don't feel comfortable driving those cars. (I can only get about 30 minutes practice a week.)



I contacted the DMV. They said I need take this up with law enforcement. I don't know what that means. I think I know what that means and if it means what I think it means then it's another dead end.



Some local motorcycle organizations have been trying to get the law changed but the politicians won't budge. I've written the governor's office and state representatives but I don't expect much to come of that.



I want to be licensed.

I want to be insured.

I want to take the MSF course.

I'm trying to be legal but the law is making it really hard.



Is there anyway around all this???How to get a motorcycle license in Raleigh, North Carolina?
well common sense tells you that you gotta have a license first and then get the motorcycle endorsement, no way to get around it, if you don't feel comfortable ina car then how can you feel comfortable on a scooter when you have no protection other than a helmet, i understand its cheaper for a scooter than a car but its no way to get around it, gotta get the license first and then put the endorsement on it

No comments:

Post a Comment