Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it illegal to have a driver's license from more than one state?

We are military and we move a lot and my mother lives in Florida. I have 3 Hawaii licenses because every time I lost one I went %26amp; got another one. So when I arrived in Florida my Mom suggested I get a Florida license so I could get the Florida resident discount at the parks. They asked for my current license so I gave them 1 of my 3 Hawaii licenses. So now I have a Florida license and 2 Hawaii licenses. I gave my car insurance company my Hawaii license when they asked for my license information and now my Hawaii license is expired %26amp; North Carolina requires that since I live here I get a North Carolina license. Do I give them my expired Hawaii licenses or do I give them my Florida license that is still good??? Will I get in trouble if I give them the 2 expired Hawaii licenses and someone realizes that I had Hawaii %26amp; Florida licenses at the same time??

What if I give the North Carolina DMV the 2 expired Hawaii licenses and they realize I gave Florida the same license information? Will I get in trouble?

All of my licenses have the same name, birth date and social security so it's not like I'm trying to commit identity theft of something. I just have licenses in more then one state and since I live in North Carolina now they are requiring me to get a North Carolina license.Is it illegal to have a driver's license from more than one state?
Yes, you are allowed to possess one single driver's license from one state only.
Florida will notify Hawaii that you were issued a license in FL and HI will cancel your HI license. If you attempt to use it at a traffic stop it would come back as invalid.Is it illegal to have a driver's license from more than one state?
Only your most current license is valid. Your previous licenses were most likely voided by the DMV.
I'm pretty sure that whenever you get a new license, all older licenses become void. You should give them the most recent license when you go for your new one.Is it illegal to have a driver's license from more than one state?
it is illegal, but most truckers have at least 30 driver's licenses
yes! its very illegal! its illegal to have more then one for a single state! much less different ones for diff states! u need to go turn them in man!
If you are active duty military you have two options. The most advantageous would be to keep your home-state license where ever you are assigned. That way you would not have to become involved in changing your license if re-assigned to another state. (If you are assigned overseas the Status of Forces agreement for that country will determine your licensing requirement). If you are in the U.S. your home-state plates are valid as would be plates from your place of assignment.



It is not a matter of trying to do a fraudulent act, it is a matter of following the law. Today's laws are more favorable to military members than they used to be. At one time (long ago) two of three things had to match to be legal: driver's license, license plates and location. So... with a California DL, Texas License plates, to be in Louisiana would have been illegal.



You'll have to decide how to keep from losing your licenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment