Thursday, January 12, 2012

How do I get a temporary tag in Kentucky to drive it back to North Carolina?

I am going to Kentucky after a car I just bought later this week and am not sure as to how I can get a temporary tag to get it home to NC. I looked online and couldn't find anything. Will I have to go to the court house or the DMV? It is so different here in NC. THANKS!!How do I get a temporary tag in Kentucky to drive it back to North Carolina?
If you buy the car from a lot you can get it there. If it is a private seller you will have to go to the county courthouse and get a tag there. The DMV is in the county courthouse.How do I get a temporary tag in Kentucky to drive it back to North Carolina?
You would go to the DMV, but why bother. If you have a signed and notarized bill of sale, then if you are stopped for having no tags, the bill of sale shows that you own the car and are just transporting it home. There are forms, usually, at the DMV for this purpose. It would be good to have one, but is not mandatory. It would also be good to have the title in your possession, signed and notarized as well. That really is all that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment