Thursday, January 19, 2012

North Carolina laws about motorcycle underglow (LED lighting)?

I would like to add some LED underglow lighting onto my bike, but I don't specifically know what the laws are. Furthermore I want to use the lights when I am riding on public roads (I don't simply want them for stationary effects). I've searched the internet but I have not seen a definite yes or no.



I wanted to add ORANGE or AMBER ground effects lighting and perhaps some in the fender wells too.



Please refrain from posting the laws in states other than NC or post unhelpful comments. I have called my local DMV and get a constant busy signal. Believe me, I'm not being lazy and I want an honest answer please.



Thanks!North Carolina laws about motorcycle underglow (LED lighting)?
Neon automotive lights, or ground effect lights, are often added by car enthusiasts to make the car look more interesting or attractive. Most states, including North Carolina, have laws governing the use of neon lights and the colors allowed. These generally ban the use of neon lights that may interfere with driving or are the same color as those used by emergency services vehicles. In North Carolina, the use of neon lights is governed by the Motor Vehicle Act.







Read more: What is the Law on Neon Lights for Cars in North Carolina? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6822997_law-li鈥?/a>



Some drivers may be tempted to install neon lighting to the license plate or undercarriage of a vehicle to use while parked. Even if the neon lighting is not used while driving, the vehicle will not pass inspection in North Carolina. If neon lighting is found during an inspection, the driver will be required to remove all illegal modifications and go through an additional inspection. The Motor Vehicle Act of 1937 outlines a few exceptions for show vehicles with neon lighting used while driving in parades or while parked.



Read more: North Carolina Neon Light Law | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6909217_north-鈥?/a>



The installation and use of neon lighting in North Carolina will result in a class 2 misdemeanor; if the neon lighting is either red or blue in color, the punishment will result in a class 1 misdemeanor. It is possible that a warning could be given with no ticket or fine if the driver promises to uninstall the lighting; or in other cases a fine and court appearance may be required.



Read more: North Carolina Neon Light Law | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6909217_north-鈥?/a>North Carolina laws about motorcycle underglow (LED lighting)?
true

No comments:

Post a Comment