Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why my North Carolina Driver License changed to 'limited privilege' without any conviction ?

I was trying to get a license in California by my current North Carolina License (Class C). Today I received a letter from California DMV saying that they could not process my application because my NC license was suspended/revoked.



I contacted NC DMV and they told me my license is 'limited privilege', which really confused me as I wasn't charged for anything in the past 3 years, not even stopped by a police (the only thing I got was a signal violation ticket in 28 miles and I paid 50$ for that).



The NC license I have now is an extension for my previous one which expired on May 2010. I was an F1 student when applying for the previous license, and extended it on March 2010 with my OPT status, so my latest license will expire on January 2011.



I am really confused whether they made a mistake on giving me a 'limited privilege license' for my extension ? My wife is also a F1 holder in OPT and did use her extended license to renew a new one in Indiana , no problem at all.



Any idea is well appreciated, I am really frustrated by them!Why my North Carolina Driver License changed to 'limited privilege' without any conviction ?
The rules in Indiana are obviously more relaxed than those in California. California is not going to issue you a license until you clear up whatever the problem in in North Carolina and have a full rather than limited license.



It sounds like there may be a question as to your legal status.Why my North Carolina Driver License changed to 'limited privilege' without any conviction ?
High end insurance with tickets or not can cause this problem.

1 comment:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. fake id texas

    ReplyDelete