Sunday, January 8, 2012

I am moving from NC ( north carolina ) to MD ( Maryland ). What do I need to do to have my drivers license ?

transferred to maryland ? Do I need to take a written test or road test ? Or will it just transfer over when I go to the dmv. I have been driving for almost two years with no accidents or tickets.|||Driver鈥檚 License (new resident) - $45.00





As a new resident of Maryland, how long do I have to obtain a Maryland driver's license?


You must obtain a driver's license within 60 days after becoming a Maryland resident. Visit a full-service MVA and bring proof of name, identity, residence, and your out-of-state license, if you are under 18, you must also have a driver education certificate. You must pass a vision test and your license cannot be suspended.|||Depends on your age and how long you have been driving. I had a NJ drivers license and moved to Pa all I had to do was take an eye test. It may also depend on how much the laws defer from state to state.|||Either call the DMV for MD or go on line to that state's website. It should give you a list of everything and anything that you will need to handle any changes. There should be a section that is titled something like 'relocation', or maybe under 'renewals'. Some of the web sites will allow you do do the changes on-line. It depends on the state and your situation. If your license has not expired, you should just be able to show all of your info showing your new residence, ownership, and insurance and more than likely you will not have to take a driving test................maybe the written test.

No comments:

Post a Comment