Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do I junk an old car that's both in my name and someone elses (who lives in Mexico and is fine with that)?

This car was purchased when I was still a teen and my mother is also on the title. She now lives in Mexico and I'd like to junk this thing (and she's fine with that) as it's hogging driveway space. Do I have to wait until she visits to make a trip to the DMV or can I just have it hauled off?

I live in North Carolina and the car is no longer insured if that makes a difference. Thanks!How do I junk an old car that's both in my name and someone elses (who lives in Mexico and is fine with that)?
you simply call a vehicle salvage company to pick up car........you'll need keys, title or registration or just proof of ownership[you r credentials alone is sufficient; they'll still take the car].....possibly, if you don't have all car documents, a copy of your driver's license should satisfy the laws they must abide by in your state

and..........you may even receive $50-$100 or more... or tax credit if you donate the carHow do I junk an old car that's both in my name and someone elses (who lives in Mexico and is fine with that)?
Look at the title. Are your two name with "AND" or are they with "OR"?

And-means you need two signatures to make a change to the title.

OR-means only one of you needs to sign.

Sometimes "AND" can be designated by "/"

Then when you sign off on the title, phone the car hauler and give them the title. The hauler will do any paperwork necessary.

Don't forget to sign a Notice of Release of Liability and turn it in to the DMV. That's your way of making sure the DMV knows the status of the car, even if the hauler never tells them.How do I junk an old car that's both in my name and someone elses (who lives in Mexico and is fine with that)?
mail her the title, have her sign off, mail it back to you, you sign off, send the thing to the big junk yard in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment