Thursday, January 12, 2012

House Taxes and the loss of you license plates?

Here goes: I am a single mother of 2 and last year I purchased my first home. I have had some hard times lately and now my taxes are due and my tags are up in 2 days. I went on line to renew my tags and they said I couldn't, so I call the State Of North Carolina DMV and they said that I have to pay my houses Taxes before I can get my plates renewed.



I have no idea what I am going to do, my car is my job. What happens when I can't drive to work, I need to work to pay the taxes. When did the states start having so much power over us and our lives.



(Can someone please tell me)

I have been working a to pay my taxes and I now I can't even drive to work.House Taxes and the loss of you license plates?
What you might be able to do is get an extension from the DMV for the registration. They often do this. You might have to pay some small fraction of the registration fee, and then you'll get something to indicate your extension that you can put in you car window. Also, with expired tags, the cop will probably just give you a fixit ticket, especially if you give him a sob story, and the sob story is going to look even better if you go get some paperwork from the DMV (like a receipt of partial payment of you reg fees) that you can show him. I'm not sure what the law is in NC, but usually they can't take your car for expired registration unless it's been a while, like more than 6 months.



As for state power: they have plenary power, meaning they can do anything they want as long as it is not discriminatory and does not violate the bill of rights. There is no right to be able to drive your car, so they can do anything they want to it, as long as they can get enough votes. Be sure to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment