Thursday, January 19, 2012

I bought a car from a private seller, she has signed the title, should I sign it before going to DMV?

I have just bought a car from a private seller. She has signed the title (with a notarized stamp) and has given it to me. Tomorrow, I am going to DMV for registration and getting a tag. (I live in North Carolina).



1) Should I sign the the buyer part of the title before going there? or I should sign it in front of the officers?



2) She removed her tag and the car doesn't have a tag. Isn't it a problem for registration? (Not to get pulled over by cops, I have posted a paper on the back windshield saying that I am going to DMV).



ThanksI bought a car from a private seller, she has signed the title, should I sign it before going to DMV?
It doesn't matter when you sign the title but since it's already notarized, I would sign it before going to the DMV. Don't worry about getting pulled over as long as you have a bill of sale in the vehicle.I bought a car from a private seller, she has signed the title, should I sign it before going to DMV?
no lol. think of anyway ppl could scam you by finding the title if they find the paper with your signature and hers on it. not sure about the laws in ur state but here you have a certain amount of days to get your car registered before you get in trouble with the law for having an unregistered vehicle. you can probably look the laws up online for your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment