Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do I get a temporary tag in Kentucky to drive it back to North Carolina?

I am going to Kentucky after a car I just bought later this week and am not sure as to how I can get a temporary tag to get it home to NC. I looked online and couldn't find anything. Will I have to go to the court house or the DMV? It is so different here in NC. THANKS!!|||That is a tough question... If you are going to a dealership, then they will be able to handle this on the spot. Private sale, you may need to tow the vehicle back to NC. Legal documents don't come easily on short notice as we all know. Have the seller take an active part in assisting you as well. If you are driving out, be sure to go with someone who owns a full size truck and in the WORST CASE Scenario, rent a tow dolly from U-haul. (They also rent drive on car trailers) This is the best that I can do without having much experience in Kentucky or NC or buying cars out of state. Hope this helps a little and good luck... enjoy the car when you get it home too!!|||u just go to dmv 4 details.

No comments:

Post a Comment