Sunday, January 1, 2012

North carolina DMV...?

hi guys. i live in north carolina and the DMV said that i have to have a proof of insurance to get a driver's license. I got a quote from GEICO and it said that i have to pay $1277 for 6 months. is it normal? i mean, damn... im a student, i got no money like that to pay for insurance.....


does anybody know cheap insurance?


is there any kind of insurance just to get the license?|||well im in NC and when i got mine 8 years ago my mom called her insurance and they added me without really adding me if that makes sense, they added me so i'd be covered during the drving test just in case but it was made so i didn't make her insurance go up yet, when i got my license she called to actually add me as a driver, also from what i hear nothing has changed so as far as i know all that is the same





now even if your parent's insurance can't do that then you only need to be on the insurance long enough for the test, after that just got off the insurance and they won't even see it go up since you wasn't on it long enough





you just have to be covered under the insurance on the car you'll be driving for the driving test thats all|||I had the exact same problem its not just you. And yes you have to have a proof of insurance, and my insurance is more expensive then that. You could always get insurance, get your license and then cancel it, but then what happens when you get into an accident?


Cheap insurance is only good too your pockets initially. No one plans to get into an accident, so insurance is necessary.There is no insurance that you can pay a one time fee for just to get a license. I know that that is expensive but if you do get into an accident you don't want to not have insurance or have to chase your insurance company around or have to go to Hades and back just to get in contact with someone. And insurance depends on many different things. The only thing I can tell you to do is to get quotes that's the only way you will be able to find whats cheapest for you...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment