Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can I have the emission test done in other states (auto registered in North Carolina) ?

I am in Indiana now but my car was registered in North Carolina. The emission test for North Carolina is due on the coming June. Indiana doesn't require me for emission test though.





Just wondering if I could (or have to) do the emission test in Indiana ? Is it OK with NC DMV if I just leave it alone and drive it inside Indiana ?|||Of course not. North Carolina wants you to go to an inspection station that is familiar with and can test for North Carolina emission standards, not Indiana's. You're going to have to either register your vehicle in Indiana (which you might need to do depending on Indiana law) or drive to North Carolina and have the emission test done.|||You have to have your emissions test current or you can be ticketed. My emissions had expired by 2 months and I was caught driving to work in SC and got a ticket for it. I live in NC by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment