Sunday, January 1, 2012

DMV hearing for DUI in North Carolina?

I pled guilty to DUI in North Carolina back in 2008. I have completed all of the requirements of my sentence including alcohol assessment and treatment classes(not cheap), 2 years probation, $3,000 fine+$2,000 probation fees, and 30 days in jail. This was not my first DUI, I had one before which is why my penalties were so strict.





Anyway, if I call the automated system and type in my NCDL#, it says that my license is suspended until 2012. But it says I can request a hearing with the DMV this June. Does anyone out there know why I can request a hearing? What would I need to bring? Has anyone out there been through this before in North Carolina? Thanks!|||Bring paperwork of all your proofs for meeting your requirements of fees, classes, etc.


ADD a notarized letter from your employer about your work schedule.


You will be applying for an occupational driver's license (or an extension of that license).


Some restrictions are that you can only drive during day light hours, during business hours, requiring a breathalizer hook up to ignition where car can only start if breathalizer passes non-alcohol requirements.


If you have a job where you are on-call during any given 24 hours of the day, you don't want an occupational license that limits your driving to the 8:AM - 5:PM closing time of your business. With the employers letter, that can change to limiting your driving to "X" amount of hours per day where you are required to keep a log of daily driving time %26amp; submit the log on a monthly basis. You must be truthful b/c a surprise inspection of the documents that don't match your odometer %26amp; the time of day when stopped will lead to further suspension or license revocation with no allowances permitted.|||It means if you have done all you should have done, and have the receipts to prove it, you can request a hearing and perhaps get a license to drive to and from work with a restricted license.|||You should be ashamed of yourself for driving drunk. My best friend in middle school was hit and killed by a drunk driver at the age of 12. His family has never been the same since. I can't stand people who drive drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment