Sunday, January 1, 2012

North Carolina DMV, Diabetes?

I am in the process of moving to Raleigh, North Carolina, and have Type 1 Diabetes. I am curious what documents are necessary for me to acquire a drivers license if I currently have one in the state of Illinois? Any links to the necessary documents are appreciated.|||I have never been asked about my diabetes at DMV in any state. However this year I failed my vision test so I had to take a driving test. First time in 45 years. The only way that I could possibly see would be a commercial truck license or if you had epilacy (sp) fainting spells.





http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/





Then click on drivers manual.





Hope it helps.





Mot|||In Chicago, Illinois, (which is where I am moving from), you need a physical from your endocrinologist showing you vision, and A1C is under control, along with some other things (i.e., your physically and mentally fit) before the state issues a license. I did not need this in NC. Thank you!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment