Sunday, January 8, 2012

What happens if I show up late to traffic court in North Carolina?

I got a ticket for an expired driver license and my court time is 8:30am, the dmv doesn't open til 8am. Should I get my license first and come late to court or just go to court and tell the judge that I will go afterwards to get them renewed?|||If you don't get there, then the judge can issue a bench warrant for you. Don't make him mad. I would go in and talk to the DA and ask him for an extension so you can go get your license and reset another court date. Go the day before and get your liscense. They might be hard on you for not doing it sooner|||Don't be late for the court. it makes the judges angry and they are less likely to be lenient and more likely to be more severe because they'll view your tardiness as rude and disrespectful. You don't want to disrespect judges. Trust me. It always ends badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment