Sunday, January 8, 2012

Do I need an insurance to register my car in North Carolina?

I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am gonna buy a used car from a private party and I am going to DMV tomorrow to register it.





The DMV website says I need car insurance for registration. Can I get an insurance when technically I don't own the car? what do insurance companies need for getting a car insurance?|||Insurance requirements within North Carolina require that you provide a proof of insurance when registering your vehicle.





http://www.ncdot.org/DMV/vehicle_service鈥?/a>





Just get the VIN of the vehicle you are going to buy, and then call your agent with that information. He can get you the card needed to register and drive your car after purchase.|||You must have proof of liability insurance when registering a vehicle in North Carolina. Just bring in proof of insurance for the vehicle you are putting on the road. It doesn't matter who is insuring it, they just want it insured.|||Youo'll have to show proof of insurance on the vehicle before DMV will transfer the title to your name.





Just stop by a local independent agent on your way to the DMV and pick up some liability insurance. They should be able to help you get started.





Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment